Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

UPDATE - February 4, 2009

Checked the hull for leaks last night and found a leak @ the top of the keel truck where it meets the small flat piece put in top of the keel trunk. This will be fixed with some thickened epoxy.

The deck was not installed last night as the epoxy used the previous night to secure the nuts on the underside of the deck and the rudder plug did not harden sufficiently. I guess mixing small batches of epoxy is not a good thing to do, as the mix was probably not to the proper ratio. Hopefully it is hard today and we can connect the deck to the hull this evening.

In the mean time, I drilled holes for the servo mounting screws and then watched Al make a few jibs for his 'A' rig for his KITE. I can say that I am looking forward to making sails, although Al makes it look easy, I am sure it is harder than it looks.

No comments: