Search This Blog

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sanded on Keel

Today I sanded the extra epoxy off the keel bulb and then primed it, added some bondo filler and sanded it more. In fact, did this a series fo times. Hopefully I will get the final paint on it this week. I think I am going to use an appliance type epoxy paint. It has a very durable finish.

My sail cloth should be here this coming week too. I ordered from Midwest Model Yachting 10 ft of 1.4 mil mylar material and 10 ft of the 2.0 mil mylar material. I understand this should be enough material for me to make 2 sets of A sails and 2 sets of B sails. Al has some cloth I can use for my C rig. The sail cloth cost $27.00 with shipping.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Took keel/bulb out of the jig tonight

We took the keel and the bulb out of the jig tonight. I have a few photos here. I also realized it was i tad too heavy, so i drill some holes in the the lead to lighten it and then filled with epoxy and i will sand and finihs next week when i get home.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Attaching the bulb to the blade

Here are a few more shots of the bulb and the blade.

Attaching keel bulb to the keel blade

Today i had the chance to do some more work on the IOM. Al and I aligned the keel blade to the hull and the bulb. I will write more about this later, but here are a few photos.