Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sailing Tonight

Al, Hew and I ventured to the lakefront tonight and got in a few hours of sailing. I have a lot to learn about sailing this boat. An IOM is much different than the Victoria, the other class boat that we sail.

The wind was light so no water was taken over the bow, but yet she took on some water. I will need to find where the water is coming in, probably on the keel trunk, and then come up with a fix.

Also found a few other items that need attention. I still need to complete installing the C sails on the C rig. That shoudl not take too long.

Eventually I will need to come up with a way to cart all of this gear around in the back of a truck.

Hew took some more photos tonight and I hope he posts them soon to his flicker account as the boat looked fantastic in the sunshine! It is very crisp, with white against the pink. The pink certainly does have some shine to it too!

I am very pleased with how this project turned out.

No comments: