Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

BOW BUMPER & SILICON DRAIN PLUG

Home made silicon drain plug

Bow bumper mold on the bow of the boat

Bow bumper stuck in the mold.

Untrimmed bow bumber out of the mold.


Bow bumper attached to the boat.


I went by the boat yard this morning and checked on the silicon bow bumper made yesterday. It had set up and as i tried to pull the mold off the boat, the bumper came off inside the mold. I pulled the mold off, cleaned up the edges and then mixed up a small amount of the A & B silicon material to smear on the both the stem of the boat and on the bumper itself. I then attached the bumper to the boat and taped it in place. I hope this will hold the bumper securely to the boat.

I also made a drain plug from the pink silicon stuff and this pulled out of its mold pretty good, as you can see from the photos.

No comments: