Today I put the Cunningham ring on the mast of the A-Rig. In order to do this I had to take the boom off and then remove the spreaders so i could take the mast apart at the joint. I slide the mast out of the sail hoops and then put the ring on the mast below the white stripe and above the gooseneck. I used some CA to hold it in place. I also had to reattach the head of the main to the top of the mast, it was set too low before. After doing this Adrian showed up to the boat loft and soon after Dave also arrived. I put the rig back to together and installed sliding hooks for the adjustments to the Cunningham, these are the sliding hooks that are used for the the sheet attachments, they require an Allen wrench to tighten and loosen, but i think i prefer this method over the bowsie I was using before. I also replaced the bowsie on the Job Boom for the down haul with one of these sliding hooks. Like a big dummy, I forgot to put on draft stripes on the main! Will try to get to this this weekend.
I need to do all of the above to the B-rig too!
I am hoping I won't have to work this weekend and I can build my sail box. Ordered the clips to hold the masts from West Marine and they should be here next week. The sail box will hold all three rigs.
- ▼ November (10)